We're sharing with you an easily loveable and gut-loving smoothie that has helped to keep our gut health and immunity strong.
It helps to clean and prime the gut, it repopulates your good bacteria, feeds them with healthy prebiotic-rich fibres and also provides the amino acids needed to repair and rebuild the intestinal wall, strengthening it, so that you can absorb more nutrients from the foods that you’re eating.
With a spoonful of Love Your Gut powder, this smoothie is not just yummy for your tummy but good for your gut too!
Get the recipe, here.
- 185 ml (6 fl oz/3/4 cup) almond milk
- 30 g (1 oz/1/4 cup) raspberries
- 40 g (11/2 oz/1/4 cup) blueberries
- 35 g (11/4 oz/1/4 cup) strawberries, hulled
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon organic almond butter (see note)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 TBS Love Your Gut powder
Place all the ingredients in a glass jar and place in the fridge overnight. In the morning, pour the ingredients into a blender and process until completely smooth.
Note: If you don’t have almond butter, substitute with 1 tablespoon raw almonds.
If you’re pressed for time and in a rush to get out the door in the mornings, make your smoothies the night before and place in a sealed jar in the fridge.
I’d love to know – what’s your favourite anti-inflammatory ingredient? Let me know in the comments below.