FREE IMMUNITY BOOSTING SHOPPING LIST & RECIPES + 15% OFF YOUR FIRST PURCHASE! CLICK HERE.
January 28, 2020
Want to improve your health, lose weight, get into shape, stress less, sleep better, boost concentration and refine cognitive skills? A lot of these health goals begin with a healthy gut, which is very much influenced by what we eat and how we eat. Whilst starting a new health protocol brings with it a wave of excitement for reaching your future destination of healing and vitality, it’s really important to face the facts: an elemental diet won’t always be a walk in the park. Ask any entrepreneur, visionary or high-level leader about reaching their success and there is always a story of overcoming obstacles, opposition, doubts and failures. Make gut health a priority this year, and you too will, in essence, be a leader; a leader over your own body and health.
Rather than succumbing to an opposing food culture around you, try taking a stand for your own health by committing to do whatever it takes to change the health of your gut. This will help you to achieve your health goals, improve your life and your long term wellbeing. If you can allow this thought to stay strong in your mindset during the elemental phase, you’re going to be one step ahead of people who go into a health protocol without an inner commitment.
One of the greatest obstacles you’ll face in the beginning will be ‘the battle of the appetite’. The shift from eating whatever your body craves to consuming more gut healing and digestive friendly foods will involve sacrifice, and your body is likely to pull out the placards and protest.
Watching your friends and family blissfully munching down a Sunday lunch and dessert whilst you’re slurping your healthy soups may arouse your appetite for other kinds of not so healthy right now foods. It’s important for you to tell yourself that you’re not the victim here, rather that you’re a victor who’ll do whatever it takes to achieve better and balanced health.
In moments like these, you’re going to need some armour. Although the appetite may be hardwired, there are a number of practical things that you can do to kick those food cravings to the curb.
1. Sip on herbal tea. Liquorice root tea has this amazing super-sweet taste that fills you with every sip; making it excellent during sugar cravings. Passing the time with certain teas is one of the easiest ways to start the day right and set you up for a good gut day.Try three of my favourite teas: Chamomile and Lavender Tea, Turmeric Toddy Cumin Digestive Aid (Jeera Vellam). These will make you feel nourished and less likely to fall off the healthy eating track when 3 pm comes around.
2. Do something ‘sweet’ for yourself. If you’re craving sugary foods, distract yourself by doing something that gives you that ‘sweet’ feeling emotional. Cuddle a loved one, take a long candlelit bath with Epsom salts and sweet-smelling essential oils; or if you have a pet snuggle with them or take them for a walk, anything that satisfies your craving emotionally rather than reaching for candy.
3. Distraction. When the battle of the appetite rises, shift your mind to other things. Read one of your favourite books, get outside and go for a swim in the ocean or a nice walk in nature to get your endorphins pumping. Feeling a ray of sunshine on your skin will also increase your mood and help your cravings to pass.
4. Reverse gateway foods. When ‘gateway foods’; or foods that are particularly tempting challenge you; fight back with a ‘reverse gateway food’. Craving hot chips? Try some Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower instead. Deeply desiring sweets? Blend together some raspberries and coconut water for a sugar-free sorbet, or enjoy some sweet mashed carrot and sweet potato to counteract your craving.
5. Keep busy. Have you ever noticed that when you’re really busy, you don’t think about food as much? Pull out your diary and fill it up with goals and tasks; particularly ones that you’re passionate about and ones that make you feel inspired and engaged.
Supercharged Tip: Keep busy with what you love. Boredom is the ultimate appetite rising agent.
6. Eat regularly and mindfully. Cravings are less likely to occur if you have your meals regularly throughout the day; every two hours or so. Be mindful of the goodness that is filling your body. Think about how it tastes and feels in your mouth and how it will affect your gut. These positive thoughts will keep you focused and on track. Mindful eating helps you to know the difference between cravings and actual hunger so that you can consciously decide your reaction.
7. Love Your Gut daily. Adding a little gut love into your daily routine can have huge benefits in achieving better digestion, balanced eating habits and overall health. Research suggests that the bacteria in your gut can prompt cravings for unhealthy foods, and even influence your mood to try and make you give in. Love Your Gut Powder has a very simple and natural approach to gut health. Taken daily, it helps to cleanse the digestive tract and keep you free of waste, toxins, metals and mucous. When your gut is clean and working properly, your body is able to absorb more nutrients and goodness from what you consume. Meaning you'll have less cravings for more and your body gets more nutrients from less!
Now you can get Love Your Gut powder in convenient capsules, which make it easier for you to love your gut and improve your digestive health! Find out more and get yours here.
Watch Lee Holmes chat about Curbing Cravings below:
October 17, 2021
October 09, 2021
FREE 4-WEEK HEAL YOUR GUT PROGRAM WORTH $79.00!
Purchase 3X Love Your Gut Powder Products and receive FREE our HEAL YOUR GUT 4-WEEK ONLINE PROGRAM worth $79.00! Just add the program and three LYG powder products to your cart (excludes trial pack).
GET YOUR FREE PROGRAM HERE!